City Government‎ > ‎Departments‎ > ‎City Attorney‎ > ‎

Private Legal Assistance

For private legal matters, consult a private attorney or legal service agency. The City Attorney handles litigation involving the City of Mesquite only. If you need an attorney but cannot afford to pay for one there agencies which may assist you:

  • Clark County Legal Services: 702-386-1070
    A private, non-profit dedicated to providing free community legal services to those in need. Eligibility requirements must be met.
  • Clark County Pro Bono Project: 702-386-1070
    Non-profit service offering representation through local volunteer attorneys in civil matters only. Eligibility requirements must be met.
  • Senior Citizens Law Project: 702-229-6596
    Non-profit service providing legal counsel and assistance to Clark County residents age 60 or older.
  • Neighborhood Justice Center: 702-455-5855
    Mediation and alternative dispute resolution service through Clark County Social Service. Free to the public. NO LEGAL ADVICE PROVIDED.

Problems with Homeowners Associations
The City of Mesquite does not have jurisdiction over homeowners associations (HOAs). HOAs are governed by Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 116 (Common Ownership Interest Act). For more information, consult a private attorney or visit your local library.