The City Clerk's Office main responsibilities are:
- Keeping the corporate City Seal
- Protecting the records of the City and providing quality public records management and service
- Preparing and posting notices and agendas of meetings in accordance with the Nevada Open meeting law
- Preparing agenda packets for City Council meetings
- The City Clerk’s Office maintains the official record of the proceedings of the City Council and all other related City Council records such as resolutions, ordinances and proclamations.
The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for the conducting of municipal elections and providing voting and municipal election information along with voter registration services.
The City Clerk's Office is a Polling Place for Voting Absentee Ballots.