City Government‎ > ‎Departments‎ > ‎Municipal Court‎ > ‎FAQ‎ > ‎

Public Defender Requests

posted Nov 14, 2013, 8:56 AM by Mesquite Records   [ updated Mar 31, 2014, 4:50 PM by Tyson Kennedy ]
A Public Defender may only be appointed if the City is seeking a jail sentence on your charge and you meet the Federal guidelines for appointment of a Public Defender.  If no jail time is requested, a Public Defender will not be made available to you.  

If the Court appoints a Public Defender on your case, you will be provided with contact information for your court appointed Public Defender and your Public Defender will be provided with your contact information so that you can be prepared for your next scheduled court date.