Notice – Fine Overpayments
The Mesquite Municipal Court occasionally receives overpayments of fines. The following procedure has been established to handle fine overpayments that do not exceed $10 per case:
- The Court will retain any fine overpayments of $10 or less for a period of 1 year from the date of receipt.
- Fine overpayments not claimed within 1 year of receipt will be deemed unclaimed property pursuant to NRS 120A.500(3).
- All monies deemed to be unclaimed property will be transferred to the City of Mesquite General Fund immediately.
- Any person who has made a fine overpayment not exceeding $10 may claim this money within 1 year of receipt by making a request to the Mesquite Municipal Court in writing providing their full legal name, mailing address, driver’s license number, and Mesquite Municipal Court case number(s).
- Fine overpayments exceeding $10 will be refunded by the Court to the person making the payment at their last known address according to Court records. In the event the overpayment cannot be returned, the overpayment will be treated and disposed of consistent with Chapter 120A of the Nevada Revised Statutes.
This policy does not apply to any bail monies received by the Court,
which must be refunded pursuant to NRS 178.528.