SALARY - The starting salary is generally the first rate shown on the job announcement.
THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS APPLY TO FULL-TIME REGULAR EMPLOYEES:
- HOLIDAY - 12 paid holidays per year.
- VACATION - 10 days paid vacation annually, increasing with length of service depending upon the appropriate labor agreement.
- SICK LEAVE - 13 days per year depending upon the appropriate labor agreement.
- ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE - Management positions are eligible to receive up to 80 hours per fiscal year.
- INSURANCE - Premiums paid by the City & employee. Coverage is for employee and dependent's medical, dental & vision plans. Life insurance,short-term & long-term disability plans for employees paid by the City. Some employees pay for SDI.
- RETIREMENT - Full-time employees are not under the Social Security System. Employees are covered by the Nevada Public Employees Retirement System. City pays employees cost. Membership is mandatory.
- RECREATION CENTER membership is provided to the employee at no cost.
- DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLANS - Available for interested employees.
- AGENCY SHOP REQUIREMENTS - Some job classifications are in collective bargaining units, the employees of which will be asked voluntarily to join a union and pay dues.
- MEDICARE - Employees hired after April 1, 1986 are required to contribute 1.45% of salary.
NOTE: The provisions of this page do not constitute an expressed or implied contract, and any provisions contained in this page may be modified or revoked.