Commercial Building Permits are required for New Commercial Buildings.
If a permit is required, this guide may help you through the permit process. A Flow Chart is also available for your assistance.
A General Commercial Building Permit Package consists of:
- One General Commercial Building Permit Application with all required signatures and information including correct address
- Three sets of complete building plan packages (site plans, architectural, structural, plumbing, mechanical and electrical)
- One soils report (Pad Certification) which must be wet-stamped by Nevada-Engineer
- One Grading and Drainage Certification
- Two pre-engineered truss drawings and hanger hardware called out if used
- Two structural calculations (if required)
- Two energy calculations (’06 IECC)
- One copy of receipt from Virgin Valley Water District (for paid water impact fees).
Preparing the documents
- Print off or pick up a General Commercial Building Permit Application. Fill out all information and sign application. Plumbing, mechanical and electrical contractors must sign the permit prior to submitting.
- When plans include a restaurant or any food services, plans must be approved by the Health Department prior to submittal to the Building Department.
- When plans are drawn by:
- Architect or Engineer – Plans must be wet stamped and signed on every page.
- Contractor – Plans must list contractor information and be signed on every applicable page.
Submitting the Application
- Bring the Commercial Building Permit Package to the Mesquite Building Department, located in City Hall at 10 E. Mesquite Blvd.
- A $1,000.00 submittal fee must be paid when application is submitted. This fee will be applied to the permit.
- Plan review time is approximately 10-21 working days each time the application is submitted. Complete and accurate plans will shorten the time needed for review and resubmittal.
Corrections and Resubmitting
- If corrections are needed on the plans, the plan reviewer will call for you to pick up the plans. Plan Review Comments will be with the plans listing the corrections needed.
- Make the corrections and resubmit a full General Commercial Building Permit Package, Comment Sheet, and Sign-Off Sheet. No further payment is needed for resubmittal.
Picking up the Approved Permit
- The Permit Technician will call when the permit is approved and tell you if additional fees are required.
- Come in to the Mesquite Building Department and pay any additional fees. You will be given a copy of the permit, an approved set of plans, an inspection card and your receipt.
- If you are not sure of what inspections will be required, talk to the Permit Technician before you leave.
What’s the Next Step?
Click here for instructions on scheduling inspections.