Manufactured Commercial Building / Construction Trailer
Commercial Manufactured Building Permits are required for installation of manufactured buildings that are being used for commercial use, including:
- Construction Trailers
- Model Home Sales Office
- Any Commercial Use
If a permit is required, this guide may help you through the permit process. A Flow Chart is also available for your assistance.
A Commercial Manufactured Building Installation Package consists of:
Preparing the documents
- Print off or pick up a Manufactured Building Installation Permit Application. Fill out all information and sign application.
- Obtain or create a site plan showing the location of the building on the property.
Submitting the Application
- Bring the Manufactured Building Installation Permit Package to the Mesquite Building Department, located in City Hall at 10 E. Mesquite Blvd.
- A $75 submittal fee must be paid when application is submitted. This fee will be applied to the permit.
- Plan review time is approximately 10-21 working days each time the application is submitted. Complete and accurate plans will shorten the time needed for review and resubmittal.
Corrections and Resubmitting
- If corrections are needed on the plans, the plan reviewer will call for you to pick up the plans. Plan Review Comments will be with the plans listing the corrections needed.
- Make the corrections and resubmit a full Manufactured Building Installation Permit Package, Comment Sheet, and Sign Off Sheet. No further payment is needed for resubmittal.
Picking up the Approved Permit
- The Permit Technician will call when the permit is approved and tell you if additional fees are required.
- Come in to the Mesquite Building Department and pay additional fees, if any. You will be given a copy of the permit, an approved set of plans, the site plan, an inspection card and your receipt.
- If you are not sure of what inspections will be required, talk to the Permit Technician before you leave.
What’s the Next Step?
Click here for instructions on scheduling inspections.