Mesquite CERT -Community Emergency Response Team
Smoke Detector Battery Change Program
In keeping with CERT’s mission to prepare individuals, neighbors and the community for disasters, CERT volunteers will help residents, free of charge, to maintain a working smoke detector.
2 CERT volunteers will schedule with a resident to change the batteries in the smoke detectors.
Smoke detector battery change highlights:
● 65 years of age or older
● handicapped or physically unable to climb ladder
● Resident must be 18 years of age and have legal access to home
● Resident must be present and sign waiver
● Smoke detector height cannot exceed 12 feet
● Service is free of charge however donations support CERT mission
Dates for February: Thursday Feb 12 or Saturday Feb 14 mornings
Or call Mike Benham, Cert Program Director 702-376-2339
Or register on the following Mesquite City Website