Responsibilities of the City Attorney
The City Attorney is the legal advisor to the Mayor, City Council, City Manager, City departments and City boards, commissions, committees and agencies.
The City Attorney is appointed by and serves at the will and pleasure of the Mayor and City Council.
The City Attorney’s duties also include:
- Providing legal advice and direction to ensure the City’s policies and actions conform with applicable Federal, state and municipal laws.
- Defending and, when necessary, initiating legal actions on behalf of the City of Mesquite.
- Reviewing and drafting opinions, agreements, ordinances, resolutions, leases and other City-related documents.
- Oversight of the Mesquite Municipal Code
- Prosecuting misdemeanor violations that occur in the City of Mesquite.
- Other Legal Resources
For information regarding your Mesquite Municipal Court trial, please call 702-346-8831. If you are represented by counsel, please direct all communication to your attorney.
To find out if you are required to appear for a subpoenaed Mesquite Municipal court trial, check the "Court Calendar" the day prior to the subpoenaed court date.