On May 30, 2018 the Nevada Public Utilities Commission approved Southwest Gas to expand its service area to include Mesquite.
• Approved capital investment of approximately $28 million.
• Approved construction of approximately 17 miles of approach main and an additional 20 miles of distribution pipeline.
• The Senate Bill 151 Rate will be designed to recover 98.5% of the related revenue requirement from existing southern Nevada customers and 1.5% from customers in Mesquite.
• Southwest's service territory will be expanded to include the City of Mesquite and the portions of Lincoln County, Nevada that are necessary for the installation of the approach main.
• Approved virtual pipeline proposal, which consists of constructing a portion of the distribution system and serving certain customers using compressed natural gas until the approach main and permanent gas supply is available.