SALARY – The starting salary is generally the first rate shown on the job announcement.
THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS APPLY TO FULL-TIME REGULAR EMPLOYEES:
- HOLIDAY – 12 paid holidays per year.
- VACATION – 10 days paid vacation annually, increasing with length of service depending upon the appropriate labor agreement.
- SICK LEAVE – 13 days per year depending upon the appropriate labor agreement.
- ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE – Management positions are eligible to receive up to 80 hours per fiscal year.
- INSURANCE – Premiums paid by the City & employee. Coverage is for employee and dependent’s medical, dental & vision plans. Life insurance,short-term & long-term disability plans for employees paid by the City.
- RETIREMENT – Full-time employees are not under the Social Security System. Employees are covered by the Nevada Public Employees Retirement System. City pays employees cost. Membership is mandatory.
- RECREATION CENTER membership is provided to the employee at no cost.
- DEFERRED COMPENSATION PLANS – Available for interested employees.
- AGENCY SHOP REQUIREMENTS – Some job classifications are in collective bargaining units, the employees of which will be asked voluntarily to join a union and pay dues.
- MEDICARE – Employees hired after April 1, 1986 are required to contribute 1.45% of salary.